Notice: The following article contains spoilers.
Notice: The following article is a work in a progress. Please comment or edit if you have any information.
Stories are one of the mechanics which drives the game and lets players earn Prestige Points to level up. Each story is unlocked at a certain level. Some stories are resolved in one level, while others may be told over several levels.
Note: There are no official titles for stories.
Level 4: Mary's Divorce & The Theft of the Mona Lisa I
The two stories are linked.
At level 4, the player meets Ben, Mary's boyfriend. They met initially at the local museum where Ben caught Mary's eye because he was, in fact, measuring the famous Mona Lisa painting with a measuring tape. They went on a first date to the movies, and while neither of them liked the movie they saw, they still had an enjoyable evening.
Soon Ben lets us know that he's fallen head over heels for Mary and that he would like to surprise her by proposing marriage. Soon after this Mary comes to the café to organize her wedding reception. We then learn that Ben proposed while on a a walk in the park (on bended knee playing Mendelssohn's Wedding March on a whistle). Ben and Mary had a quick wedding by the Justice of the Peace at town hall and Ben promptly decided he could no longer live with a different name than Mary and changed his to Ditt as well.
After you set up what Mary requested for the reception, she starts questioning whether or not she's ready for this. She then turns to you for advice. If you tell her that it's her choice or that she's ready for it, it will lead to her asking you to invite Margaret, Bill, Koffsky, Petrovich and Watson Holmes. Each will decline the invite (Bill because he's in love with Mary, Margaret because she has been married 13 times and is tired of going to weddings, Koffksy because he cannot afford a gift and Watson because work has been busy.
If you tell her that she's not ready for this, she will cancel the reception (?).
Unfortunately, as Mary waits for Ben to show up, Ben is nowhere to be found and missing for two days. After a quick chat with local officer, Watson Holmes, we find out the police are looking for a Ben Jones, in connection to the local robbery of the museum where the Mona Lisa has been stolen, the very name Mary remembers Ben using on their marriage certificate. The manhunt quickly ends when Ben Ditt... Jones... is taken to the local police station where he gives a statement about the robbery, insisting he has been framed. A few levels later Mary Ditt visits Ben in prison and tries to prove his innocence. Ben claims the painting is a fake and he was framed. Mary divorces him although she believes he is innocent. She states he was never really married to her because to her marriage is the joining of two lives. She keeps the cat Ben gave her.
- Requirements: Wooden Table for Two, Carnations and Cheesecake for Mary's wedding reception.
- Rewards: 12 diamonds, 525 Prestige points, getting to level 5.
Level 5: The Tale of the Two Koffskys I
When Koffsky introduced himself he mentioned he used to own a café but that someone slandered his reputation as a chef and that he was simply unable to work under those conditions any longer. He mentions that whoever slandered his reputation was someone whom he had always gotten along with and while they were competitive, they were always honest before becoming too caught up in emotion and needing a break.
At level 5 Watson Holmes mentions there are two Koffksys although he is not sure whether he is one person or two. Bill manages to find an old photo with Koffsky, a Koffsky-clone called Edward and a server called Alice Carroll. By looking at the photo Margaret guesses that Edward, Koffsky's twin brother and business partner, sabotaged his brother's recipes by buying poor-quality ingredients. He also sabotaged Koffksy's relationship with his girlfriend Alice by pouring something into her drink at an important event because he was jealous of their relationship. Koffsky confirms the story saying he was planning to propose to Alice the night she had an anaphylactic reaction to the tampered drink. Alice was upset that Koffsky had forgotten her allergy and Koffsky left. After hearing his story back, Koffsky realizes he had been a coward. He vows to find Alice again, explains what really happened and make amends.
- Requirements: Ice Tea for Bill, Cupcake With Cinnamon and Anise for Margaret.
- Rewards: 8 diamonds, 2100 Prestige points
Level 6: Bill and Mary's First Date
At level 4 Bill revealed he had been in love with Mary Ditt for 2 years. They met when he went to fix the computer network at Mary's college but she doesn't remember him. Now that she is single, Bill would like to ask her on a date but does not dare speak to her. They exchange notes and Mary agrees to go on a date with him although she does not believe her 'admirer' is really Bill. However, the date does not go well as Mary thinks Bill is too flaky and indecisive to be boyfriend material. Bill decides to join the soccer team to prove his worth. Ron accepts. Bill scores the decisive goal during his first match and Mary agrees to go on a second date.
- Requirements: Mocha for Bill, Iced Mocha for Ron, Cappuccino for Bill.
- Rewards: 9 diamonds, 3800 Prestige points, 1 Pink Gift
When Petrovich was younger, he was a locksmith. A childhood friend of his, Charlie Choke, got into shady business while Petrovich married and settled with his wife. One day, Charlie asked Petrovich to help him rob a bank. Petrovich accepted because it was easy money, but things took a wrong turn: Charlie said guards were coming, pushed Petrovich in the then empty vault, where he got locked in. Petrovich heard a shot, thought Charlie was wounded and maybe even dead. Petrovich was arrested. He confessed about cracking the safe and went to jail but he did not say a word about Charlie. His wife left him at the time. Police investigated to know where the money was but she didn't have any.
At level 7, Petrovich's ex-wife calls him, says she is coming home and wants to see him. Petrovich, who says he is still crazy about his ex-wife, plans to meet her in the café. He then learns that his ex-wife actually wants him to participate in another robbery. Bill manages to dig up information on her: she came to town with Petrovich's old friend. Petrovich concludes they lied to him and have been together this whole time, spending the money they stole. He decides to catch them red-handed: he will lure them into the bank where the police will catch them. Things go according to plan and the two lovers are arrested. They confess to framing Petrovich years before. Watson Holmes says Petrovich's first conviction will be erased from his record.
- Requirements: "Mysterious Stranger" painting and Fish Tank for Petrovich, Vintage Table for Two and Romantic Candles for Two for Petrovich, Frappé for Bill.
- Rewards: 10 diamonds, 3500 Prestige Points, 1 Simple Gift for the Fish Tank and 1 Blue Gift for keeping him on the right path from Petrovich
Cafe Style Trial
Fernando has told you that you have now unlocked styled furniture! He says that your cafe will become even more beautiful than it already is with a style to it. The styles are:
- American Retro
- Northern Lights
He tells you to ask your customers to see which style you should decorate your cafe with:
- Watson loves the English Style because of how cozy it is.
- Bill loves Northern Lights
- Margaret loves the French Style.
- Ron loves American Retro.
- Mary was won over by the simplicity and the red and golden colors of the Chinese Style.
- Petrovich adores the Loft style because of how abstract it is and how easy it was to create a Loft-themed decoration.
After getting the results, Fernando says its up to you. You can look at the catalog, and even experiment with one or two items from a style. After fulfilling all his requests, he compliments on how much better your cafe looks.
- Requirements: 3 Stands, 3 Bar Counters and 3 Bar Stools from the style you have chosen.
- Reward: Stylish Tea Machine.
Cleo's Awkward Date
You meet new customer - young DJ named Cleo. Ann points that Ron suddenly took interest in fashion magazines. Ron admits that he has a crush in Cleo, and wants you to tell her it. When you talk to Cleo, she wants Vanilla Ice Cream with Lemon. If you have this recipe already, talk to Ron, and then to Cleo, who agrees to date him. When you see her again, Cleo wants to continue their relationship, but Ron is less than pleased. He reveals you that Cleo behaves strange, what makes Ron afraid of loosing his authority as a football team captain. Next time when you see Cleo, she is very sad by Ron's rejection. She admits that she has a problem with speaking nonsense when excited. You advise her to ask for Margaret's help. Margaret agrees if you either pay her 195 diamonds, or prepare Croissant with Cream for her. Next time you see Margaret, she hints that Cleo would rather die than say anything foolish. Cleo reveals that Margaret used to threw knives near her, while Cleo answered to Bill's questions. Nevertheless, that method worked. Then you convince Ron to give the girl another chance, what he reluctantly agrees to. Next time when you see them, Ron is delighted with her transformation, while Cleo is disappointed. She reveals that Ron dated her only because of her external beauty while ignoring her personality and feelings. She states that even if you repair broken cup, the scar remains.
- Requirements: Croissant with Cream for Margaret
Moving In Together
Bill needs to work out his courage to talk to Mary. He requires a cup of Tea with Cardamom, Milk and Lemon. When Bill and Mary agree on moving in with each other, the player can decide who will move in with whom. If Mary moves in with Bill, he does not have to worry about moving all of his computer equipment but Mary's cat loves to chew on the cables. If Bill moves in with Mary, the cat will have less to chew on, but the internet connection is slow where Mary lives. If the player chooses to have Bill move in with Mary, they will need to convince Margaret to let the cable companies dig up her backyard to implant more cables and allow a faster internet connection. She does not allow it at first but will change her mind from either a Vietnamese-Style Iced Coffee with Tapioca or 40 diamonds. If the player chooses to have Mary move in with Bill, they need to convince Petrovich with Adrenalino with Guarana or 40 diamonds. In the end, they need to teach the cat to scratch on a scratching post with Tibetan Tea with Anise and Cinnamon.
- Requirements: Tea with Cardamom, Milk and Lemon for Bill, either Vietnamese-Style Iced Coffee with Tapioca for Margaret, either Adrenalino with Guarana for Petrovich, Tibetan Tea with Anise and Cinnamon for Mary's cat
Ann states that Koffsky is acting strange. When you ask what happened, he tells you that he left his wallet, and asks you to tell Watson about it. When you ask Watson for help, he agrees, but needs your help in exchange. Police dog constantly bites Watson, so you need to give him Americano with Nutmeg and Whipped Cream to tame the dog. He tells you story how he became a policeman. Once he defended a certain waitress, who was attacked in the park. Watson defended the bandit, but instead of taking interest in the girl, he fell in love in paperwork...
When Watson successfully (thanks to dog) finds Koffsky's wallet, there is a woman's photo in it. Watson recognizes her as a girl whom he rescued once. The girl turns out to be Alice, Koffsky's love. You share this news with Koffsky and suggest both men should talk about it to each other.
When you see Koffsky again, he tells you about Watson's odd reaction. Then you talk to Watson, who tells you there's nothing wrong. Then both men leave immediately, even if you didn't realized their orders yet. Soon after that Koffsky arrives (sometimes we see two Koffskys on the screen simultaneously). He is rude and grumpy. Margaret suggests that he's under scopolamine's influence, but is it only possible reason? After some time, Watson arrives, visibly confused. He doesn't seem to remember what happened after talk with Koffsky. Margaret advices performing hypnosis, what becomes pretext for Watson to ask you to buy a leather couch. Watson needs special order - Rose Tea. During the hypnosis, Watson starts to remember that he was attacked by someone looking like Koffsky. You remember about his vicious brother Edward. After this revelation, impostor runs away (though sometimes he stays and demands to let him end his meal). Watson gives you Pink Gift for successful hypnosis.
Watson have yet to free real Koffsky. When you see him again, he tell you about mission accomplished. Then Koffsky returns and gives you 15 diamonds and Saffron as a reward. If you bought a couch for Watson, the policeman gives you another Pink Gift.
- Requirements: Americano with Nutmeg and Whipped Cream for Watson, Rose Tea for Watson
- Leather Couch
- Tip: go to the car to take a flashlight (optional), go into the house, go to the basement and look at the door (optional), go upstairs, look into the closet (optional), look out the window, climb down the pipe, go into the shed, look into the mirror.
- Rewards: Pink Gift from Watson, 15 diamonds and Saffron from Koffsky.
Ghosts in Your Café
After stumbling across a chest filled with spooky ancient artifacts, Petrovich can't shake off the feeling that ghosts are haunting him. He requests a Galangal Tea to relax, but it somehow falls off the table. Petrovich swore he didn't touch it. You decide to tell Watson this but he suddenly gets the chills even though the café is warm. You then ask Bill to do some research on his tablet, which suddenly loses service. He comes back and says to sprinkle salt by the windows and doors. Also, apparently, dogs can sense ghosts so, later, you borrow Cleo's dog, Marshmallow, which remains calm. You then pour Petrovich another cup of tea. It doesn't fall this time. Watson is no longer cold and Bill's tablet works fine. You talk to Margaret about this, who then claims that the ghosts tales are a bunch of fake tales designed to scare children. Then, she feels a pinch. The question is: who pinched her?
- Requirements: 2 Galangal Teas for Petrovich, Maneki-Neko for Cleo
Level 10: Leopold's Murder I
Fernando will give you a Pink Gift from the Cafe Society. Margaret will tell you a secret about Elsa if you serve her a Cappuccino with Nutmeg, Ice and Chocolate. Elsa and her husband, Leopold, have been married for 15 years. However, her husband works a lot and hasn't been playing any attention to her at all recently. She wants a divorce but he doesn't. She starts seeing Kevin in secret until her husband is shot in their home. Elsa admits she was out again with Kevin that night but swears she wasn't the one who killed her him. Elsa then remembers that Kevin actually went out on the night of the murder and begins to suspect he was involved. Bill checks the security tapes for Watson Holmes and discovers that Kevin went into Elsa's house at 1:00 am. However, it turns out he was just delivering mail. He even met Leopold and told him about the affair. Leopold was actually very calm about it. He just wanted Elsa to be happy, even if it was with a different man. Kevin left before he got murdered but remembers two people being in the house that night: a woman and a man. After some asking around, the question came up if Leopold had any other wives before Elsa. Turns out, he did! Judging from the bullet position in Leopold's head, the gun was shot by a fairly tall person. Someone else, a man wearing lots of cologne, was also involved in the murder. The story stops as the police doesn't have any lead or evidence.
- Requirements: Turkish Coffee with Cardamon for Elsa, Cappuccino with Nutmeg, Ice and Chocolate for Margaret, Hot Chocolate with Ginseng and Lemon for Bill, Fireplace for Koffsky
- Rewards: Pink Gift from Fernando, Simple Gift from Cleo, 15 diamonds from Watson
Level 11: Humor Coaching & the theft of Mona Lisa
Kevin is no longer a suspect, thanks to your help so he rewards you with a Simple Gift. Ben is also released and for a Summer Raspberry Cake he will agree to give Ron some humour lessons. But while Ron is practicing his humour, Cleo started going out with Ben. Mary has decided to investigate the events leading to the theft of the Mona Lisa. She agrees to share the findings with you as soon as you treat her to some Tea with Galangal, Milk and Caramel. Mary explains that the perpetrator who called the police was using a switch installed on a cell tower. At the bottom of the box containing the switch, Mary found some sugar and cherry pits. She is certain that the telephone terrorist is one of the customers in the Cafe.
- Requirements: Tea with Galangal, Milk and Caramel for Mary
- Rewards: Simple Gift from Kevin
Thirteenth Time's a Charm
A new face has come into town that Watson says looks suspiciously familiar and prompts him to look at the police records. Turns out, the new customer isn’t a criminal at all, but a celebrity who goes by the name “Workhorse.” When you talk to the new customer, he asks for a Invigorating Tea and introduces himself as Clyde Bowen.
Chatting with Margaret, you notice the beautiful necklace she’s wearing. Her ex-husband only ever gave her two presents: the necklace and Clyde Bowen performing at their wedding. Clyde remembers playing at Margaret’s wedding, but his memory is a little hazy and he mixes up some of the details telling you the story. He asks you to make him an Iced Latte to help him collect his thoughts. After you give him his latte, he remembers he was at two of Margaret’s weddings and they were very similar: they both took place at a museum and there was even the same groom and bride, although the bride’s hair was a different color. And, to top it off, both times there was a robbery! The police unfortunately never caught the culprits at either incident.
You ask Watson, the coffee shop's resident police officer, about the robberies at the Louvre and Naples Museum and he says his friend at Interpol will help for a Vanilla Frappé. The robberies at both museums are part of the same case, and there are actually twelve similar incidents that took place. From the case photos, you recognize the necklace in one of them as the same one Margaret is wearing. When you confront Margaret, she already knows what you’re going to ask about. In exchange for her story, she asks for a White Hot Chocolate and you find out that she’s married the same man a total of thirteen times! As for the robberies, she tells you that all the pieces stolen from the museums were top-notch fakes that she and her partner had passed off to a mysterious group known as the “Syndicate.”
(To be continued at Level 16)
- Requirements: Invigorating Tea for Clyde, Iced Latte for Clyde, Vanilla Frappé for Watson, White Hot Chocolate for Margaret
- Rewards: Simple Gift from Margaret
Surprisingly, the new celebrity in town has decided to stay a little longer. Clyde tells you when he was young and on tour he had met quite a few people—ladies, that is. Now he’s traveling around, trying to track down the women from his past and possibly the children he’s never had the chance to meet so he can try to make up for the lost years, though he hasn’t been able to find any of them yet. You offer to help him in his search and enlist the aid of Watson and Bill. The police officer says he’ll search through the police archives while the programmer says he’ll try hacking the hospital’s records to see if anything turns up.
Bill only asks you for a Mojito Espresso in return to keep him from falling asleep as he looks through all the records from the last twenty years.
(To be continued at Level 13)
- Requirements: Mojito Espresso for Bill
- Reward: Diamonds from Bill
Level 13: Mary's True Parents
Mary is good friend with Elsa, who turns out to be her biological mother. Elsa put her up for adoption because she was unable to take care of her and did not have a serious relationship with the father. Mary comes from a loving family and is happy to learn she has a second mom. You later learns that Clyde Bowen is her biological father. You get to decide whether Elsa tells Mary and Clyde the truth about him being her father, which might cause Clyde to not adopt Emily.
- Tip: don't tell Mary the truth.
- Reward: Pink Gift from Elsa.
Level 14: Big Bankruptcy Trouble
Koffsky asks you to lend him 250 diamonds. He will give you back more if you accept, but this will happen a few levels later.
Koffsky works in a gas station as this is the only job he could find. When the bank threatens to foreclose on his house because he can't keep up with mortgage payments, the player manages to persuade Mayor Donald Mulligan to help out. Donald convinces the bank to give Koffsky more time for the current month's payment and Margaret suggests Clyde Bowen become Koffsky's roommate to help him pay his mortgage. Both Koffsky and Clyde agree.
- Requirements: Coffee with Cardamom for Watson, Americano with Saffron and Cardamom for Clyde
Level 15: Green Moon Fund & Mayoral Election
With Margaret's help Jennifer plans to get into the archives of the mayor's fund and exposes it as a scam. Margaret manages to steal the mayor's files and gives them to Bill so he can decrypt them. In a surprising twist, she tells Donald about it and he makes Watson Holmes confiscate Bill's computer. The Mayor has then no choice but to let the police decrypt the files and expose his secret to prove Bill has stolen the files, which was Margaret's plan all along. He decides to return Bill's computer instead even though this makes him look like a fool.
Jennifer then decides to go up against him in the next election. Both request the player to ask the café customers who they are going to vote for. The survey reveals that the election would be a tie unless Mary Ditt voted. The player convinces her to do so and get to decide whom she will vote for and thus who wins the election. If they pick Jennifer she becomes the new mayor.
If you choose Jennifer, she will ask you to get a Provence table for Four to celebrate.
- Requirements: 1 Bavarian Coffee with Rose, Saffron and Cardamom for Mary or 50 gems.
- Rewards: Pink Gift from Margaret, Blue Gift from Donald if you pick him. Pink Gift and another Pink Gift if you pick her (2nd Pink Gift at level 16).
Theft of the Mona Lisa II & The Telephone Terrorist
During Mary Ditt's investigation into the theft of the Mona Lisa, Margaret turns out to be one of the three suspects. When confronted by the player she quickly admits she did it. Margaret claims she stole the previous paintings only to expose the Syndicate, the organization she worked for and which had replaced the paintings with fakes. As for the Mona Lisa, Margaret explains she did it to save Carl's life: the Syndicate had kidnapped Carl and were threatening to send him back piece by piece.
- Requirements: 1 Chocolate Ice Cream with Saffron for Mary, 1 Iced Tea with Tapioca and Milk for Margaret, 1 Coffee with Cardamom for Watson.
- Tip: Don't tell Watson the name.
Clyde dreams of giving another concert, but he needs to write a new song to perform. Mr. Bowen thinks he writes terrible lyrics, so he’s going to steer clear of this job. You offered to help him by talking to your customers and asking them to come up with a couple of lines each for a new song.
You will need to talk to: Bill, Watson, Petrovich, Cleo & Kevin.
Now you need to find a place for him to perform, you suggest getting Ron to agree to hold the concert at his teams stadium.
Donald favorite aunt owns the stadium, he promises to get her permission to hold the concert there on the condition that you serve him a Choco Moco.
- Requirements: 1 Bahraini Coffee with Rose, Cardamom and Saffron for Kevin, 1 Coffee With Cardamom for Petrovich, 1 Choco Moco for Donald Mulligan
- Rewards: Pink Gift from Watson
Leopold's Murder II
Leopold's first wife is identified as Alice Carroll.
- Tip: lemon, saffron, rose petals and cardamom for the cologne.
- Requirements: 1 Chocolate Cake for Donald Mulligan, 1 Americano with Whipped Cream and Nutmeg for Bill, 1 Turkish Tea with Star Anise, Vanilla Ice Cream with Rose Petals and Cream, Tea with Anise, Cinnamon and Lemon, and Americano with Nutmeg and Whipped Cream for Kevin
Finding Alice in China
- Tip: Central Hospital, Railway Station, closest village, mountains for Alice's itinerary.
- Rewards: Pink Gift from Koffsky
After gathering data and evidence that Bill is cheating on Mary with Emily, Henry's first thought of what he should to is to tell Mary. You can either tell Mary, or intervene and confront Bill about this first. As it turns out, Bill was not cheating but was planning a a surprise birthday party for her.
Clyde and Koffsky's New Business I
Koffsky gives you 500 diamonds if you lent him 250 earlier.
Margaret and Carl's First Meeting
Clyde and Koffsky's New Business II
Koffsky will give you back 600 diamonds at level 20 if you accept to lend him 500.
Mary's First Job
- Tip: sheath dress with asymmetrical neckline, open toe high-heels pumps, clutch.
Alice's Curse I
Clyde and Koffsky's New Business III
Koffsky gives you 600 diamonds if you lent him 500 earlier.
Leopold's Murder III
Alice's Curse II
- Tip: crossing the moat using the branches of a nearby tree, point the vacuum cleaner at the tiger because cats are afraid of them, call the fire department to save the sentimental grand piano.
- Requirements: 1 Alpine Winter Tiramisu for Clyde, 1 Chocolate Ice Cream with Saffron for Ben, 1 Tea with Ginseng, Guarana, Lemon and Mint for Petrovich, 1 Tropical Latte with Saffron for Carl, 1 Bahraini Coffee with Rose, Cardamom and Saffron for Henry
- Rewards: Gold Gift from Fernando, 20 diamonds and Gold Gift from Carl
Buy Donut display for 530,000 coins
Tip: Don't sell off your Tier 3 cafe theme wallpaper. You need it for Margaret later.
Elsa's Secret Admirer
- Give Elsa a Donut with Chocolate syrup, honey, and Star Anise.
- Next time she comes to the shop, she'll ask for someone to keep a lookout at her house for the admirer. You'll be given 2 options for who does the job:
- 1. Henry - Buy him a tier 3 level couch of the theme of your café (~200,000 coins).
- 2. Mary - Make her a Bahraini Coffee with Rose, Cardamom and Saffron.
- 1. Henry - TBA
- 2. Mary - Upon coming back, results inconclusive. Is upset, needs Tea with Saffron, Galangal and Anise.
- Talk to Elsa
- Talk to Felicia
- Tea with Guarana, Ginseng, Lemon and Mint
- Get: 45,000 Prestige Points
- Talk to Kevin - Tonight at 8
- a. Elsa and Felicia know.
- b. It's a surprise.
- a. Elsa and Felicia know.
- Talk to Kevin
- Cheesecake with Saffron and Vanilla
- 5 diamonds from Kevin
- Talk to Kevin
- Talk to Elsa
- Reward: 125,000 Prestige Points
Story continues at a later level
The Ruined Marriage Proposal I
- Talk to Bill, he is worried about something his mom said.
- Give him Tea with Galangal, Saffron and Anise
- His Mom assumed he proposed to Mary, so now he doesn't know if asking will jeopardize the relationship.
- Talk to Cleo, Jennifer, and Emily.
- Cleo says marriage is for fun divorce is fine, and that she and Mary don't really talk.
- Jennifer says it's practical and for support and talked to Mary in an interview about it.
- Emily thinks she and Mary don't talk because of the surprise planning party with Bill, but they're both just busy. Also her ideas of marriage are tainted by parents.
- Talk to Bill
- Three options, probably all 3 lead to giving him Bahraini Coffee with Rose, Cardamom, and Saffron.
- Bill says he'll propose with the ultimate marriage proposal.
- Talk to Margaret, Elsa, and Felicia about what Mary likes/finds romantic.
- Reward: 50,000 Prestige Points
- Talk to Margaret
- Talked to Mary about ideal proposals.
- Buy a Tier 3 flooring and wallpaper of whatever cafe theme you have.
- She tells you that Mary thinks putting the ring in a drink is romantic.
- Reward: 75,000 Prestige Points
- Talked to Mary about ideal proposals.
- Talk to Elsa
- Doesn't talk to Mary as much as she'd like because Mary's focused on career. Complains about going chic places. But also mentions it'd be great to go on a picnic out of town or at a park.
- Option to tell Elsa, Mary's mother, Bill's thinking about marriage or not.
- Talk to Felicia
- Went to a wedding event with Mary recently. Seemed out of place with glitz, except loved the expensive jewelry around.
- Talk to Bill
- He hears the ideas, asks for your help on the drink, then when jewelry comes up gets hesitant. Tells you he can figure it out himself and to talk to him later.
- Talk to Bill
- Bill was able to get his hands on a fancy ring, and he has already invited Mary to a picnic. He now needs to write a speech for the proposal while you prepare:
- Make him Tea with Saffron, Ginseng, Lemon and Honey
- Talk to Bill
- Asks for Tea with Guarana, Cinnamon, and Lemon to calm his nerves.
- He says it's hard not to worry because if you're trying not to worry, that means you've definitely got something to worry about.
- Ask Mary later to see how it went.
Think to be continued next level
Buy Forest Berries Refrigerator for 660,000 coins
Elsa wants a Winter Berry Dessert. Gives you 1 diamond.
Kevin wants Berry Smoothie Cappuccino. Gives you 3 diamonds.
Mary wants Fruits of the Forest Cheesecake. Gives you 1 diamond.
Margaret wants Nordic Romance Latte. Gives you 3 diamonds.
The Ruined Marriage Proposal II
- Talk to Mary
- Mary found the ring in the drink, he took it, then Cleo took it and slapped him, then Watson arrested both of them.
- Talk to Bill
- He says he didn't steal the ring even though Cleo said he did. Watson is like I'm going to keep this for a bit til it's sorted.
- Talk to Cleo
- She doesn't want to repeat herself about why it's her ring.
- Talk to Watson
- Cleo says the ring is a family heirloom, so there's no proof of ownership as a result. Bill says he bought the ring, but has no receipt and hasn't named the store.
- Interrogate Bill
- He says he bought it shouldn't matter where. Then he lets on he may have tampered with Cleo's flight.
- Talk to Cleo
- Make Chocolate Ice cream with Saffron because she's mad and has to cool down.
- Bill canceled her plane ticket by buying it, blowing her chance of making it into show biz. She was going to be a warm up for a rad DJ. There's no other flights to take.
- To get back at Bill, she went to police and made an official statement against Bill stealing the ring and for hacking the airport database. We ask why she stole it, and she says to wait because she's getting a call.
- Talk to Cleo next time she comes in.
- Agent quit, she's a DJ pariah now. Her family heirloom went missing after she hired Bill to set up a Wifi router. Suspicions were confirmed when she followed Bill and Mary to the park.
- Talk to Watson to see if he's gonna do anything about her statement.
- There's confirmation someone in town hacked the airport. Watson can't quite prove it yet, but getting Bill to confess may mitigate his punishment.
- Talk to Bill
- Got the ring from Carl by doing something illegal program related for him. So Bill did shoo the bird away from the window when setting up Wifi for Cleo. Carl got the ring from Antwerp, jewelry capital of the world.
- Talk to Carl
- He'll reveal who in town sold him the ring if you get a Tier 4 Table for Four furniture of your theme for the shop.
- Talk to Petrovich, who brought the ring to Carl to sell.
- Will talk about the ring over Tea with Saffron, Galangal, and Anise.
- Talk to Petrovich with the special order.
- Fixing water line and pouring cement near Cleo's place. Magpie landed in a tree while he was eating lunch and had the ring in its mouth. He put the sandwich on the ground and grabbed the ring it dropped.
- Talk to Cleo
- You explain Petrovich took her ring from a magpie. Bill wasn't lying about the bird flying in through the window.
- She'll detract the theft statement and apologize to Mary, but won't apologize to Bill and will keep the hacking statement because it ruined her life.
- Talk to Bill
- Explain the situation to him. He admits to hacking, but didn't want to ruin her life. He thinks Clyde Bowen can help set her up with another gig.
- Talk to Clyde
- He'll listen to your request if you make him Country Hot Chocolate with Tapioca.
- Talk to Clyde with the special drink.
- Clyde agreed to help Cleo get another performance, although couldn't guarantee it. Talk to Cleo about how it went later.
- Clyde, Cleo, Bill and Mary leave the cafe for now.
- Talk to Cleo
- She got another invitation from the same people to perform thanks to Clyde. Bill apologized, and she forgave him.
- Talk to Bill
- Mary proposed to him because she wasn't sure when the heck he'd do it.
- Talk to Mary
- Margaret told her to take the initiative for it surprisingly. Even gave her one of her thirteen engagement rings she's stolen.
- Reward: 10 diamonds
The Dreams of Dr. BENissimo
Tip: all dream events are in your story book. You don't have to memorize them.
Henry's Old Case
- Tip: the mysterious woman who was witnessing the whole event orchestrated everything.
Return to Sender
- Tip: sport, hot chocolate, hot chocolate, and lastly relaxation.
- Tip: take a closer look at Felicia's ex, use the "stranger on the train" tactic.
- Reward: Gold Gift from Felicia.
Clyde’s and Mary’s stroll didn’t go well, but he still wants to connect to her. He will tell you he already has a plan. The next time he comes to your café, you learn that it has backfired. He wanted to do something good for her and asked Felicia to not stress Mary too much, which is why she didn’t take her to Milan. To make it up, he wants to gift her a bouquet. Ask Alice, Ben, Felicia, Cleo, Petrovitch and Henry for their opinions for the best flower choice. Choose for Clyde between wild flowers, lilies or roses. Mary sends them back without comment. Clyde wants you to speak to Bill, who wants a tea with ginseng, guarana, mint and lemon from you before he voices his fear that Mary doesn’t love him anymore because of the secret bouquet. You tell him it’s from Clyde and find out he didn’t listen when his fiancé told him he is her father. Mary asks you to tell Clyde to back off. Clyde is scared he will die alone since Emily gave Mary and him space.
Take Clyde out for sports, hot chocolate, hot chocolate and then relaxation.
- Reward: Blue Gift from Clyde.
Level 25: Chronicle of a Certain Madness
Chronicle of a Certain Madness
- Tip: accepting or refusing the 25 diamonds don't change the story's outcome.
- Reward: Gold Gift from Lucas.
Winners Can't Be Losers
- Tip: Ron wins his match once other customers have trained him so bet on the 4th match and this one only to get your diamonds back.
- Reward: Blue Gift from Ron.
How to Stop Being Afraid of Interviews and Learn to Love Your Job
Ben would ask for Vitamin Explosion Yogurt with Guarana before he draws up his resume. He decided to be an anchorman or correspondent. He'll ask "What should we say about my education?" College, Work part time at museum and startup. Sociable.
- Reward: Gold Gift from Ben.
On the Jet-Powered Wings of Love
- Rewards: Pink Gift from Koffsky, Blue Gift from Alice.
- Tips: Superman costumer for Bill and white dress for Mary, OR dinner jacket for Bill and Wonder Woman costume for Mary.
Mike, the CEO of a restaurant chain, arrives in your town and your café. You learn from Olivia that he is scoping out the competition and plans to open one of his restaurants in town. He will serve café there for 1 coin in order to drive away your customers and make you close your café. Olivia also claims that Mike serves bad food. She knows about Mike's business strategy because she used to work for him (and date him). She cannot testify against him because of her non-disclosure agreement. Mike confirms all of this but the bad food part. He says Olivia is holding a grudge from their bad break-up. He pressures you into selling your café to him before you inevitable lose all your customers once his restaurant is open.
You try to warn Jennifer about Mike but she is quite taken with him and demands proof. Unfortunately, when Lucas tests Mike's food from a restaurant in another town, it turns out to be completely harmless. Olivia then understands that Mike has changed strategy: he starts serving bad food and increasing his prices only once the competition has been shut down. She suggests you sell your café to Donald or Fernando instead and accept Mike's offer in order to reveal his bad business practices. It works. At the end of the story, Olivia is determined to testify against Mike in court now that she is able to. Fernando is happy to sell you back your café. Jennifer is ashamed to have been blind to Mike's machinations but thankful you opened her eyes. She says Donald would have been more discerning about bad characters and plans to be more careful in the future.
- Tips and rewards: Selling to Fernando costs 25 diamonds. He'll sell you your café back and will give you a Blue Gift. You'll also get a Gold Gift from Olivia and a Pink Gift from Jennifer. If you sell the café to Donald, he'll give you 25 diamonds.
Fashion and Jackhammers
As Felicia's magazine sales declines, you suggest a charity party to draw attention. However, Felicia needs to find a date. She asks you to talk to some male customers; all decline but Petrovich. Felicia accepts to go with him providing you coach him to behave as expected. You do and both go to the party together. After some back and forth, you learn that Petrovich made quite and impression at the party but that Felicia's bosses asked her to choose between her job and Petrovich. Felicia plans to prank her bosses with a second charity party by making them praise awful dresses that Petrovich secretly designed. After some back and forth, you learn that things went as planned and Petrovich came out at the end to deliver a passionate speech explaining this was all a prank to prove that Felicia's fashion sense was still impeccable, and they needed her. Felicia's bosses changed their minds and Felicia gives you a Gold Gift as thanks.
- Reward: Gold Gift from Felicia.
Secrets of Advertising
Emily arranges a hammer throwing race asking Jennifer to be the judge.
Margaret asks for a very expensive sofa in exchange for providing you with an exotic animal (a sloth).
- Cat food - Mary Ditt's cat (Faustina), vacuum, catnip, favorite food under advertised food
- Juice box - use Cleo's friend baby, try a different juice, give something to eat to get a smile.
- Recycle plastic furniture - recycled plastic engagement ring
- Exotic star - sloth. Talk to Margret. Purchase the very expensive couch. Get a raccoon. Give food. Lower temperature.
- Hammer - survey customers. Hammer throwing competition.
- Reward: Blue Gift from Emily.
- Tip: tell Felicia Kevin was on a date with Elsa.
- Rewards: Blue Gift from Felicia, Gold Gift from Elsa.
The Mysterious Book
Elsa asks for a fancy notebook. Get the "magic" notebook from Carl. Elsa asks for Honey Milkshake with Tapioca, Cardamom and Rose. Bill and Mary goes to a circus, quarrel, and break up. Lucas advises you to tear the page. Elsa tears the page. Rewrites the page. Spill drink on it. Bill and Mary get back together. Dejavu. Bill and Mary goes to the circus.
Skeleton in the Closet
Watson wants to hone his (and your) deductive skills. To do this you must investigate why Bill looks so disheveled of late by asking customers questions in order to gain clues. From these clues you form theories, which you then need to check again by talking to Bill, Mary, and other customers.
- Henry tells you that Bill spent the night in the basement of a hotel. However, the detective was stopped by the hotel's concierge and wasn't able to determine what Bill was doing. Henry requests Forest Delight Ice Cream so he can bribe the concierge.
Happily Ever After
Bill and Mary are getting married! Bill and Mary feel they can't afford a nice wedding. Elsa and Clyde decide they want to surprise their daughter (Mary) and her fiancé (Bill) with the perfect wedding - and they need your help! They need your help with the following:
1. The Wedding Arch
- Clyde and Elsa can't agree on the right Arch so they've decided to each make one and compete. May the best Arch win.
- From this you receive 1 Wedding Arch Exterior Entrance Decoration.*
2. The Wedding Couch
- Carl is an antique dealer. Three of Carl's couches were stolen from him by Margaret (she wants to teach him a lesson!). Help him get them back!
- From this you get to choose one of the three couches and keep it for the cafe!*
3. The Wedding Cake
- Clyde comes up with a special cake!
- You get a Wedding Cake Decoration for your cafe! Tap on it multiple times and see why it is so special - and receive a Pink Gift!*
- The cake was a little... too special! Help Koffsky remember an old family coffee cake recipe to save the day!
- For this you need to serve Bubble Tea (requires the Spice TAPIOCA) to Koffsky to help him remember the recipe.
- You are given multiple choice questions regarding the cake recipe - if you fail any of them you have to start completely over again with the multiple choice questions, and either have to wait up to 2 hours to try again or give him another Bubble Tea (requires 1 TAPIOCA).
- The questions are as follows:
- 1. ..."Let's start by making the layers. We'll mix:"
- a. "Eggs and sugar." - Correct answer!
- b. "The layers for the cake." - Incorrect answer.
- c. "Mashed potatoes and fried chicken. And we'll decorate it with ketchup." - Incorrect answer.
- 2. ..."Then we'll add..."
- a. "Cement, sand, and bricks" - Incorrect answer.
- b. "Flour and starch." - Correct answer!
- c. "Ground beef." - Incorrect answer
- 3. ..."Now let's make the frosting. We're going to need..."
- a. "Shea butter, beeswax, and essential oils to taste." - Incorrect answer.
- b. "Salt, cream, sunflower oil, and flour." - Incorrect answer.
- c. "Milk, eggs, sugar, and butter." - Correct answer!
- 4. ..."Our frosting is missing the secret ingredient. It'll give a nice brown color and a pleasant aroma."
- a. "Peanut butter?" - Incorrect answer.
- b. "Coffee?" - Correct answer! (Note: It is supposed to be a coffee cake.)
- c. "Chocolate ice cream?" - Incorrect answer.
- 5. ..."But before we frost the cake, we need to do something important."
- a. "Taste everything?" - Incorrect answer.
- b. "Throw it away and start over again?" - Incorrect answer.
- c. "Soak the layers in coffee?" - Correct answer! (Note: It is supposed to be a coffee cake.)
4. The Wedding
- Everything is set up for the Wedding!
- Time to surprise Mary (and Bill)!
- Bill and Mary got married!
- Talk to Ann, and customers like Elsa and Clyde - and find out how the wedding went!
- Elsa gives you, as promised, a Gold Gift for all your help!*
- After this you should have gained enough experience to have leveled up to level 32! (Make sure to have enough money saved up for the Pancakes equipment! Costing $12 million.)
Chasing a Million
First bet: Kevin
Second and third bets: Daisy
Reward: Gold Gift from Daisy
Donald hires Daisy as the manager of his real estate company. He buys a mansion for her, but she starts feeling uncomfortable and rejects it, making Donald promise not to spend more money in her. Surprisingly, Ben manages to buy a mansion from her directly -she needs to keep selling real estate on her own to still be a member of the real estate asociarion-. Ben will ask for a Mojito Soda to tell you how he got the money to buy the mansion.
Reward: Gold Gift
Working Hard or Hardly Working
A contest is being held to see which town will be the new home of a brand new film studio. Fernando tells you that all the neighboring towns are competing and the town council is counting on Jennifer to get them to the #1 spot. Unfortunately, Jennifer is stretching herself out too thin trying to get the town ready. She asks you to make her a Sweet Roll with Saffron to help her sleep, just like her grandmother used to make her when she was little.
When you talk to her again, she tells you that she wasn’t able to fall asleep and asks you to see what the other customers do to help with insomnia. In the end, she goes with Petrovich’s idea: fishing. Petrovich ends up tagging along to escape some of his own problems. Unfortunately, something happens during the fishing trip and Petrovich returns asking for an Americano with Saffron and Cardamom to calm him down so he can tell the story. It turns out after Felicia dragged him home in a jealous rage after seeing him and Jennifer fishing together, Jennifer had gone missing! He returned to the fishing spot to find Jennifer and when she comes to the coffee shop she says she barely got any sleep.
Throwing a huge party might help her since it worked for her roommate back in college, and Jennifer asks you to talk to Cleo. The DJ is currently planning a crazy outdoor party. However, even with partying all night, Jennifer tells you that she didn’t sleep, although she did find an investor and has some new ideas for the final presentation.
She asks you to talk to Margaret to see if she can help. For her help, Margaret requests a Sweet Roll with Cinnamon and Caramel Syrup. After fulfilling her order, she suggests that Jennifer should run a marathon - it’s a sure way to tire her out. Margaret has other plans, however, and traps Jennifer in the locker room, snatching her phone away before the marathon even begins! With no way out and without the distraction of her phone, Jennifer falls asleep until she's accidentally freed by Petrovich on his way to the gym. Jennifer ends up taking Petrovich’s steamroller in search of Fernando, who tells you she did an amazing presentation.
You ask her how it went, but Jennifer is exhausted and asks for a Super Adrenalino with Guarana and Gold to perk her up. When Jennifer looks at the results it turns out the town has won! She gives you a Vintage Mirror that was found as they were about to break ground at the construction site of the new film studio. After telling Fernando the great news, he gives you a Gold Gift as promised.
- Requirements: Sweet Roll with Saffron for Jennifer, Americano with Saffron and Cardamom for Petrovich, Sweet Roll with Cinnamon and Caramel Syrup for Margaret, Super Adrenalino with Guarana and Gold for Jennifer
- Rewards: Vintage Mirror, Gold Gift
The Supercupcake Secret
Koffsky suddenly remembers he tried something called a “supercupcake” when he was younger when he overhears Carl talking about its recipe over the phone and asks you to talk to him. Carl tells you that, while he doesn’t know the recipe or ingredients needed to make a supercupcake, he does know where to find them. The recipe has been split into three parts. In exchange for helping him find the missing pieces, he promises to give you a Supercupcake Display Case.
The first part of the recipe is in the police archives in a file for Iron Mulligan, but, unfortunately, Watson doesn’t have access to it since they’re reorganizing the archives. You try to ask Margaret for help and she agrees, but tells you that you will also need the help of Iron Mulligan’s next of kin, his son Donald. He asks you for a Homemade Sweet Roll in return for his help and tags along with Margaret.
The two return to the coffee shop with some news: the recipe was only a fragment of jumbled words, not a whole part. You go to Donald to get the recipe fragment from him and thank him, but he says on their way back to the coffee shop they got into a fight with a shady group of people and he lost the recipe somewhere in the fray. He suggests you go to Watson for help, who gushes that Donald is the town’s new superhero for taking down a group of thugs who were trying to steal candy from a kid. Thankfully, Watson did find the recipe fragment at the scene and gives it to you. Carl tells you the next recipe fragment is apparently back in the archives too, this time in Corwin Mulligan’s file, Donald’s grandfather. Even though Watson turned you down earlier, someone—Margaret—broke into the archives recently and organized everything and he agrees to help on one condition: ask Donald if he’ll help out the force because they need his crime-fighting abilities. Donald suggests opening a new line just for superhero duties and asks for a Tea with Saffron, Galangal and Anise in exchange. When you deliver the drink, he says he has opened a new secret line for the police to contact him and Watson goes to the police archives for you. He returns successfully with the recipe fragment in hand.
The final recipe fragment is in none other than Donald Mulligan’s file. When you speak with him, Donald tells you that Watson has been calling him nonstop. He asks for a Lassi with Honey, Saffron and Cardamom and to tell Watson to only call him when there’s an emergency. Unfortunately, it has the opposite effect and everyone in the precinct seems to be calling Donald for the most mundane things. With his last shred of sanity, he admits that he paid the Candy Bandits off to turn themselves in so he’d look better in the upcoming elections. He begs you to talk to Watson since he’s worried the town will never trust him again, but the cop knew all along that Donald was just pretending and hatched this scheme to make him admit it. He asks you for a cup of Tapioca Tea with Milk, Vanilla, and Cardamom and for you to tell Donald to come clean publicly. Donald readily agrees if it makes the onslaught of phone calls to him stop and gives you the last recipe fragment.
With the last piece, Carl is ready to put everything together. He returns with the recipe, but now has a new plan: he wants to propose to Margaret with a supercupcake since she loves cupcakes. He hands you a note and a supercupcake to give to her, which Margaret answers immediately. Apparently, she’d been dropping hints to Carl this whole time. You tell the great news to Carl and he gives you a Supercupcake Display Case.
- Requirements: Homemade Sweet Roll for Donald, Tea with Saffron, Galangal and Anise for Donald, Lassi with Honey, Saffron and Cardamom for Donald, Tapioca Tea with Milk, Vanilla and Cardamom for Watson
- Reward: Supercupcake Display Case
The Damned Mirror
Koffsky tells you that the Vintage Mirror that Jennifer had given you in Level 34 is the mirror of Bloody Penny. He will do anything for you to help him, even give you a Gold Gift. When you ask him to explain who Bloody Penny is, he says he will if you can make him a Rose Supercupcake with Grenadine, Whipped Cream and Cardamom.
Koffsky starts telling you the story, how it all started back when he, Henry, Elsa and Donald were still in school. They were a bit wild back then and one day they decided to summon the ghost of Bloody Penny. Legend has it that Bloody Penny haunts whoever dares say her name three times. For his part, Donald isn’t entirely convinced and says you should talk to Elsa and let her know since she was scared to death of Bloody Penny. Elsa says Henry was the one who figured out how to get rid of the mirror all those years ago, but when you talk with him you find out the only reason he got rid of the mirror was so his friends could finally calm down, not because he believed they were actually being haunted. He offers to take the mirror off your hands and tells you to let Koffsky know it’s gone.
Even without the mirror, Koffsky is still worried, convinced that Bloody Penny is back to finish the job. He returns to the coffee shop and tells you an ominous message was written on his bathroom mirror. Desperate to get proof that Bloody Penny’s ghost is real, he plans to carry a camera wherever he goes so he can capture the ghost on film and show it to Henry. But he isn’t the only one the ghost visited. Bloody Penny left Donald a message on his mirror too and phoned him, hissing that he would lose all his money which, as it turns out, is almost true. Donald’s property values have plummeted and he’s hit rock bottom. While he’s brainstorming with Koffsky on what to do, he asks you to try and convince Henry, otherwise they’re all doomed.
When you talk to Henry, he thinks that there’s a prankster in their midst. You suggest there might be a connection between the prankster now and the one back then, but Henry tells you that’s impossible because he was the one who had pranked them all, jokingly calling himself “Bloody Henry.” He admits he never meant it to go as far as it did and sincerely regrets it, that’s why he’s hoping the time machine Lucas has been diligently working on for the last month will be finished soon.
Until the time machine is finished, Henry offers to tell you how he pranked his friends back in school for a Bahraini Coffee with Rose, Cardamom and Saffron. Afterward, he decides to admit to his friends that he pretended to be Bloody Penny when they were kids. Following his confession, Koffsky’s belief that the ghost is real is now even stronger. Henry is fed up trying to convince his friends that the ghost isn’t real, so he decides to take matters into his own hands and track down the culprit himself. Henry returns with surprising results: neither Donald’s mirror nor the payphone used to call the ex-mayor had any fingerprints on them. The payphone was near an old abandoned house, though, but Henry needs Bill’s help to look into its owner: Penelope Wise.
When you talk to Bill, he asks for a Supercupcake with Nutmeg, Cardamom, Saffron and Salt and he finds some old newspaper articles about her. When you tell Henry the details of what you found, he says Elsa had a visit from the ghost, with a message written on her mirror. Refusing to stay in her house alone any longer, Henry offers to stay at Elsa’s to check the music box for prints, but instead he sees Koffsky running away from Elsa’s house. Henry thinks their friend is the one who has been acting as the ghost the entire time, but the coffee connoisseur denies it. He was only at Elsa’s trying to get evidence of the ghost on film so he could show Henry, but the private investigator ends up seeing the ghost with his own two eyes.
With Henry finally on board and believing in the ghost, Koffsky’s next plan of action is to contact Bloody Penny through a spirit board. The hauntress spells out a chilling message for them: Death, horror, decay, and South Night Supercupcake. Not keen on dying a horrific death, Koffsky asks you to make the supercupcake for the hungry ghost. When they go and deliver the dessert to Penelope's old residence, the whole thing turns out to be an elaborate prank on Henry, planned by Koffsky, Elsa, Donald, and starring Clyde as Bloody Penny. Each had their own motive for it, but the main reason was so Koffsky and Clyde’s YouTube channel could get more views—they’re sure the prank footage will go viral. Henry has no hard feelings towards his old friends and is actually grateful for being able to spend so much time with them. Koffsky apologizes for pranking you too and gives you a Gold Gift for your trouble.
- Requirements: Rose Supercupcake with Grenadine, Whipped Cream and Cardamom for Koffsky, Bahraini Coffee with Rose, Cardamom and Saffron for Henry, Supercupcake with Nutmeg Cardamom, Saffron and Salt for Bill, South Night Supercupcake for Koffsky
- Reward: Gold Gift from Koffsky
Lucas is having some trouble with his time machine and still needs to work out the kinks. When he turned it on, it exploded as Bill and Mary were passing by. He asks you to check on them to see if they’re all right, but it looks like the newlyweds may be out of their honeymoon phase. Both Bill and Mary say they’ve been fighting and it seems to have started out of nowhere. They do still love each other, but now there’s feelings of distrust and annoyance. Upon hearing their predicament, Lucas says when the time machine exploded, it must have opened a wormhole to a parallel universe where Mary and Bill are having problems and on the verge of divorce. Shutting down the time machine may make this reality permanent, Lucas says, so he suggests heading to the parallel universe and try to mend things, but he needs your help as a love consultant while he handles the science side of things. In return for your help, he’ll give you a Gold Gift.
After repairing the time machine, Lucas returns to the coffee shop and lets you do the honors: press the RED button and you two will travel to the parallel universe. It’s a little anticlimactic since it looks like nothing’s changed, so Lucas decides to test things out with a Daisy Supercupcake. He says it has a “parallel taste” to it and asks you to talk to the customers, who keep staring at him for some reason, while he checks on his devices. You quickly learn this universe is much different than the one you’re used to. For one, Lucas—or "Lucassandro" in this reality—is a famous heartthrob celebrity! No wonder people have been staring at him. You also learn that Mary and Bill aren’t together at all, they never even dated, and Bill doesn’t believe Mary would ever be interested in a guy like him. When Lucas hears that he’s an actor, he’s upset that this world will never know of his inventions and asks you for a Shrikhand with Maple Syrup, Cardamom and Saffron to help him feel better. Afterward, Lucas tells you none of his devices are working and asks you to see if Emily, who is a scientist in this universe, will help.
With repairs on the time machine coming along nicely, it’s up to you to play matchmaker again for Bill and Mary. Things are headed in the right direction when you talk to Bill, although he says that while he’s really interested in Mary, he’s decided to love her from afar. All he needs is some confidence and maybe a little push, so you suggest that he writes Mary a note. Mary reads the note from her “secret admirer” and agrees to a blind date. Unfortunately, things don’t go quite as planned. On their date, Mary sees Bill as goofy and indecisive, so you ask Ron if Bill can join the soccer team in order for Mary to see the courageous person he can be. But it turns out, in this parallel universe, Ron’s team stopped playing soccer and now plays basketball. They’re out one person, so he agrees to let Bill join if you make him a Supercupcake with Espresso, Chocolate Syrup and Gold. Not used to the mechanics of basketball, Bill performs horribly in the game and Mary says she will never date him now. Despite everything, however, Bill is determined and decides to do what he does best: data analysis. He asks you to see what impresses your female customers when it comes to men so he can analyze their responses, then he heads off to plan the perfect date for Mary.
The final date is a success and Mary says she fell in love with the programmer and they’re happily dating now! She even managed to get hired by Felicia after writing an article about some of the furniture on the yacht they were on. But there must be a love bug going around because Bill says he saw Lucassandro kissing Emily! When you talk to him, Lucas is heavily in denial and insists it’s simply for a scientific experiment; there’s no feelings of love, only chemical reactions. Still, the time traveler gives you a note to deliver to Emily, who finds his note of binary code romantic and can’t wait for their date.
Lucas returns to the coffee shop in a rush and insists you both leave to return back to the other universe right away. Before you have time to ask why, he presses the RED button on the time machine and you arrive back. Lucas says he won’t be able to talk about what happened with Emily until he gets a Honey Milkshake with Tapioca, Cardamom and Rose. You find out that Emily really had treated the date as a scientific experiment and dumped Lucas after he played the lab rat for her. Even though you can’t believe Emily would be capable of something so cruel—even parallel-universe Emily—he asks you to go talk with Bill and Mary to see if their relationship is better now. Bill tells you he and Mary nearly got divorced, but at the last moment their feelings did a complete one-eighty and now they’re happily in love once more. Meanwhile, Lucas discovers an encrypted message from the other Emily explaining everything. She dumped Lucas and made it seem as if she didn’t share his feelings because his and your presence in the other universe was starting to destroy it. Unfortunately, that means she and Lucas can never be together again, but Lucas’s view on love has changed for the better. He gives you a Gold Gift for helping him.
- Requirements: Daisy Supercupcake for Lucas, Shrikhand with Maple Syrup, Cardamom and Saffron for Lucas, Supercupcake with Espresso, Chocolate Syrup and Gold for Ron, Honey Milkshake with Tapioca, Cardamom and Rose for Lucas
- Reward: Gold Gift from Lucas
Recipe for Success
Ann tells you Cleo has been crying a lot lately. When you talk to the DJ, she tells you she was denied from performing at this year’s Rad Fest, the hottest party of the year, because she’s not popular enough. She wishes she was a superstar like her parallel-universe self, so she decides to copy the other Cleo and asks you to speak to Lucas for more information about her. For helping her out, Cleo says she’ll give you a Blue Gift.
Lucas has written an article studying the differences between the two universes, publishing it in Synchrophasotron Fun. He gives it to you to pass on to Cleo. Reading through it, Cleo discovers the following about parallel-universe Cleo: she was married to Ron, who is a professional basketball player in that universe, but they got divorced; she gained a lot of popularity after a scandal; her producer is Mike. The DJ tries to go on a date with Ron once again, but it ends horribly. She then tries to call Mike, but he’s too busy to even take her call. Left with no other choice, Cleo decides to create a scene and cause her own scandal. Unfortunately, Cleo’s “scene” involves yelling at a fan and a lot of people end up unfollowing her on Instagram. Seeing her so depressed, you offer to make her a Canelé with Vanilla and Saffron. She feels better, but is convinced that she’ll never become popular. As if to answer her prayers, Mike walks into the coffee shop. It looks like he’s left the Corporation and wants to make a brand new start as a producer—Cleo’s producer to be exact! He enlists the help of Clyde to make a song with Cleo and the country singer agrees.
Although the song is topping all the music charts, it looks like nobody is talking about the music. The media misinterpreted a friendly hug between Cleo and Clyde as romantic, a scandal which was started by Mike himself and to which he says talent will only get Cleo so far. In Mike’s mind, music, a star-studded romance, and a scandal is a recipe for success. Cleo is adamant about killing the story, so Mike acquiesces to her wish only for the papers to now say Cleo dumped Clyde for Mike! The corporate monger changed the story to where Cleo isn’t dating Clyde anymore, just like she’d asked, but he says stopping the scandal entirely would have made Cleo’s popularity plummet. In exchange for 10 diamonds and to continue working to make Cleo a superstar, he asks you for a Canelé with Vanilla and Whipped Cream.
Cleo isn’t very happy, especially now that she’s being called the “Queen of Scandal” by the media and is on the verge of firing Mike, but her ire for her producer dissipates when she gets a call from Cream Hall, asking if she’ll perform in her own solo show. Mike says it was all thanks to the dessert you made him, with a little help from fate, a ton of newspapers, and a large print job of Cleo’s posters. Excited for her first rehearsal, Cleo is dismayed to find that Cream Hall is only interested in the Queen of Scandal, not Cleo herself, and wants her to do something outrageous during her performance: perform topless with a peacock on her head. She refuses to perform, but Mike is desperate—he owes a large debt to the Corporation and he was counting on Cleo’s success to help pay them back. When Cleo hears this, she asks you for a Canelé with Vanilla and Honey as she thinks over what to do with Mike. She comes up with a plan, but she needs help. Ask Felicia and Petrovich to join the team and they’ll agree to help her out.
The performance is a success and the fans loved Cleo’s music! She even fulfilled the ridiculous requirements from Cream Hall by exploiting some loopholes thanks to the help of Felicia and Petrovich. The event organizers can’t say a thing about Cleo’s performance since she technically did everything they asked. With the money she earned, she has just enough to pay off Mike’s debts and helps him out. It turns out they’re on the same page when Mike decides to stay and continue as Cleo’s producer. She gives you a Blue Gift for helping her achieve her dream!
- Requirements: Canelé with Vanilla and Saffron for Cleo, Canelé with Vanilla and Whipped Cream for Mike, Canelé with Vanilla and Honey for Cleo, Tea with Saffron, Galangal and Anise for Petrovich
- Reward: Blue Gift from Cleo
The Universe of Our Love
The haunted house attraction Donald and Daisy based off of Bloody Penny has been lucrative, but Daisy is interested in breaking ground on a new quest and needs help thinking of the perfect theme. She needs you to talk to Lucas and Emily to see if they’ll help her. She promises to give you a Gold Gift to help her quest get off the ground. Lucas agrees after a little persuading and Emily is even more willing since it’ll look great for her work experience.
Daisy’s first meeting with Lucas and Emily goes really well and she sees they make a great team together. They’ve even come up with a title: “The Universe of Our Love.” Lucas is in charge of working on the logic problems while Emily is finishing writing the script. She also tells you that she and Lucas are getting along really well.
On the first day working on Stage 1 of the quest, Emily gets a big surprise from Lucas: a cup of coffee and flowers! Lucas has also already finished Stage 1 on his own, but as Emily puzzled over the logarithm he came up with for more than an hour, she starts thinking they may need some new riddles that their customers will actually be able to figure out. Make her a Bahraini Coffee with Rose, Cardamom and Saffron for inspiration. Lucas’s pride takes a hit when Emily says his puzzle is too difficult and she asks you to speak with him, but the scientist is more worried about the results of his romance compatibility test than he is about his logarithm puzzle being rejected. It’s crucial Emily doesn’t find out about the tests or the results will be compromised, so he’s taken precautions and installed a defense system in your coffee shop that will sound off if anyone tries to tell Emily the truth. After your customers return to the coffee shop following the fake fire alarm, Emily tells you she’s come up with new riddles and wants to test them on you. Note: There is no penalty for incorrectly answering any of the riddles.
- It belongs to you but is used by others. (Answer: Your name.)
- What kind of person can tame a rook? (Answer: A chess player.)
- It’s always in front of us, but we can never see it. What is it? (Answer: The future.)
Stage 2 of the quest requires an engine, which Lucas said he would rummage around his lab for. It turns out he doesn’t have anything suitable to use and says Petrovich might have something. When you talk to the construction worker, he agrees to look in his father’s old garage for a Cupcake with Berries, Maple Syrup and Saffron. Petrovich returns with a carburetor he passes onto Lucas for the quest, but the latter says it won’t work; it will work, however, for his compatibility test. Emily takes apart the carburetor like a pro, but then puts it back together in the shape of a cute bunny to give to Lucas. The scientist returns the gesture by giving her a romantic playlist on a flash drive, but the playlist turns out to be a lecture about quasi-singularity and the expanding universe. Turns out, the lecturer’s surname is Romantik. Even though it’s not what Emily expected, she enjoys it all the same. On the quest side of things, she and Lucas decided putting a carburetor back together would be too difficult for their customers, so they need to come up with something new and asks you a new riddle.
- You are given a table and Petrovich saws off one of its corners. How many corners does the table have now? (Answer: Five.)
After giving your answer, Emily tells you to talk to Donald and see what his impression of Stage 2 is. The ex-mayor thinks they both did a great job, but the wow factor is missing, so Lucas makes comets to set against the backdrop of the Milky Way. Emily says they turned out great and she admits that she’s fallen head over heels for Lucas. She’s waiting until the quest is finished to tell him, but in the meantime they have some more work to do: Lucas is working on Stage 3, the flight to Earth, while Emily is organizing the picnic that awaits the loving couple at the end of the quest. She asks you for a Canelé with Whipped Cream and Forest Berries for the picnic.
The final stage of the quest involves testing the customers’ morals to see whether they’ve been turned into robots. Emily and Lucas’s answers are different from each other, but she accepts that and accepts him for who he is. Unfortunately, Lucas doesn’t feel the same way: Emily failed his compatibility test and now he’s shying away from talking to her about it. Since he’s completed his part of the quest, he wants you to tell Daisy his work is finished. Emily is confused upon hearing this, especially when there’s so much more testing to be done, and decides to get to the bottom of things by speaking with Lucas herself and straightening things out. However, on her way to speak with him, she bumps into Cleo who asks her to give Lucas the Synchrophasotron Fun back. While waiting for Lucas, she flips through the magazine and finds out how Lucas traveled to a parallel universe and fell in love with the scientist version of her there. She also sees the results of Lucas’s romantic compatibility test with her on his coffee table. Heartbroken and feeling used, she tells Lucas he’s dead to her and rushes out. When you speak with Lucas, he says for some reason he’s depressed despite wanting to break things off with Emily. As irrational to him as it is, it seems Lucas has fallen in love with Emily! He asks you to talk to your customers to see how they get rid of love sickness.
He goes with Daisy’s suggestion to continue working on the quest and in the process, perhaps work things out with Emily. But things end in disaster and Emily is nearly crushed to death by one of the comets on the set, saved at the last minute by Lucas who ended up going to the hospital. He only sustained minor injuries, but Emily was surprised that Lucas saved her. The scientist is wracking his brain trying to figure out why he did such an illogical thing, but he says he just had a strong and sudden urge to protect Emily at all costs. After everything they’ve been through and how he treated her, Lucas isn’t sure Emily even wants to speak with him. He needs a little courage and asks you for a Lassi with Honey, Saffron and Cardamom. When he speaks with Emily, he tells her how he feels and comes clean about everything. Emily thinks they might have a chance and admits she wouldn’t know what to do if she had been in his situation: in love with two different people in different universes.
On Emily’s behalf, you check to see how the quest is coming along despite all the drama that happened and Daisy happily tells you that the grand opening will happen the following day! True to her word, she gives you a Gold Gift for helping her.
- Requirements: Bahraini Coffee with Rose, Cardamom and Saffron for Emily, Cupcake with Berries, Maple Syrup and Saffron for Petrovich, Canelé with Whipped Cream and Forest Berries for Emily, Lassi with Honey, Saffron and Cardamom for Lucas
- Reward: Gold Gift from Daisy
Jennifer is at her wits' end with Mike strolling back into town and into her life when she's trying to prepare for the grand opening of the film studio. Mike isn’t faring much better. Apparently, Jennifer has been ordering Mike’s hotel room to be inspected, making it difficult for him to concentrate on shooting Cleo’s new music video. When you talk to him, he realizes Jennifer is the one behind everything and asks you for an “Eastern Star” Coffee with Cardamom to help him think. He decides to leave the hotel and move into a new place instead, which just so happens to be situated right next to Jennifer’s house. He’s determined to pay her back for the hotel fiasco.
At the film studio meeting, Jennifer and Mike butt heads over whether to put Cleo’s music video at the beginning or end of the opening ceremony. They end up making a bet: if Mike doesn’t get the video ready in a week, he’ll have to move away, but if he does manage to finish it, Cleo’s music video will be shown at the start of the ceremony and Jennifer will have to pick up trash around town. When you talk to the up and coming star, Cleo asks you to help Mike out.
Before filming can even begin on the music video, Mike, Cleo, and their whole crew get arrested under the pretense they were breaking-and-entering into the building. Jennifer was the one to call the cops and Watson had the unfortunate job of sorting everything out at the station, but the mayor got what she wanted: Mike and his team have been set back once again. As payback, Mike sends ufologists to Jennifer’s house the following night, and again the resident cop had to go and sort things out. When you speak with Watson, he says he’s too busy to deal with other people’s relationships and lets it slip that he and Olivia have taken the next step in their own relationship and moved in together.
Jennifer invites Mike over to her house and the music producer is confident it’s to propose a truce. When he gets there, however, he catches a glimpse of his yard from her window. He asks you for a Supercupcake with Nutmeg, Cardamom, Saffron and Salt before he calms down enough to tell you the details. An excavator appeared and started digging around the area after a tipoff there was some rare fossils to be found under Mike’s property. Watson, furious that their squabbling has intruded on his daytime life as well, warns them to stop, otherwise they’ll find themselves both in jail. Both Jennifer and Mike refuse to back down however, deciding they’ll just have to be a little more sneaky in how they go about things. Mike plans to plaster flyers about Jennifer cleaning the town all over her house and asks you to find out when Watson is going on shift. If you warn Watson about Mike’s plan, he’ll thank you for the tipoff, otherwise he’ll say that he hopes there’s no surprises in store tonight. When you talk to Mike and tell him Watson is about to start his shift, he’ll tell you he’s found a chest that he needs help opening. He wants to send it to an expert to open whose total fee is 1,000 diamonds, but if you chip in half he’ll give you some of the treasure. Note: Giving Mike the 499 diamonds is optional, but if you do, you will receive a Gold Gift in return.
When Mike returns to the coffee shop, he asks for one last Pancake with Saffron, Vanilla and Forest Berries because he’s sure Watson is going to arrest him now. His plan was ruined when Jennifer called over a helicopter and sent the flyers he was about to put up on Jennifer's house scattered all over town instead. Watson has sentenced the two troublemakers to community service, cleaning up all the flyers littering the town. While Jennifer thinks she’s won, Mike has some surprising news: Cleo finished shooting her music video in secret thanks to Mike keeping all of Jennifer’s attention on him. He hopes everything turned out all right for her and asks you to talk to Cleo. Unfortunately, she isn’t able to tell you all the details, only hints that she had to make some of her own adjustments, and goes off to attend the opening ceremony.
When they get back, Mike tells you that Cleo’s music video saved him, but he needs a Turkish Coffee with Grenadine Syrup because he’s so exhausted from community service. It seems that Mike got the idea from Cleo’s music video to apologize to Jennifer and she accepted it. She doesn't mind she ended up losing the bet either because, regardless, she's happy for Cleo and said she did an amazing job. Cleo says if it wasn’t for Jennifer and Mike’s fight, she never would’ve come up with the idea for the video and gives you a Blue Gift as thanks.
- Requirements: “Eastern Star” Coffee with Cardamom for Mike, Supercupcake with Nutmeg, Cardamom, Saffron and Salt for Mike, Pancake with Saffron, Vanilla and Forest Berries for Mike, Turkish Coffee with Grenadine Syrup for Mike
- Rewards: Blue Gift from Cleo, Gold Gift from Mike (optional)
Renovation of the Heart
Ann tells you Petrovich is acting a little weird. As it turns out, the construction worker is working off some strong sedatives after trying to visit Felicia in the hospital. For some reason, the fashion icon had turned on all their appliances at once and fried a circuit, starting a fire in their house. When you ask Felicia about it, she’s in a frenzy trying to get everything ready for her mother who’s coming to town to visit. Her mother has never liked any of her other exes, but Felicia wants things to be different with Petrovich. That’s why she had wanted to clean everything and make a good impression on her mother, but she ended up going overboard and barbequing their home instead. When you tell Petrovich that Felicia’s mother will be visiting, he says he wants to pop the big question to Felicia. While she was in the hospital, he realized how much she meant to him, and he has a plan to show her. Give him a Bahraini Coffee with Rose, Cardamom and Saffron and he’ll tell you he’s planning a romantic dinner with Felicia in their basement next to their soda fountain because it’s a symbol of their love for each other.
He needs some extra hands to help him with the repairs on the house however, so he asks you to talk to some of the other customers. Elsa says she’ll help since she needs inspiration for her next novel and Petrovich tasks her with finding a replica of Felicia’s bed since it was a one-of-a-kind piece and meant a lot to her. Elsa isn’t able to find the bed at Carl’s shop or any of the antique shops in town, but Lucas says he’s made a new and improved version of a 3D printer that has the ability to print furniture, he only needs some history about the piece. You’ll need to ask Petrovich and remember what he tells you about the bed so you can pass the information onto Lucas. Note: There is no penalty for incorrectly answering any of the questions.
- Year: 1701
- Style: Baroque
- Country: France
Lucas is able to make the bed and Petrovich finishes up everything that needs repairing in the bedroom. Unfortunately, he tells you some woman burst in while he was working, shouting orders at him, and he ended up spilling paint on her by accident! She stormed out, but not before threatening to have him fired. You find out from Felicia that the woman was her mother who she missed picking up at the airport. Petrovich is horrified and hopes if he gives his future mother-in-law a Lassi with Honey, Saffron and Cardamom she might be in a forgiving mood. But when he goes to apologize, Felicia’s mother ignores him completely. Petrovich gets the idea to create a statuette for Felicia’s mother, courtesy of the famous Petronio Sledge, but first he needs to work on the living room of his and Felicia’s house. When he returns, he’s made progress in the renovation and made tables and chairs, but he needs help figuring out the color for the walls and asks you to talk to Elsa. The writer tells you that she only found blue, white, red and yellow paint, but she says Petrovich can mix the colors to get the shades he needs. The construction worker asks you what colors he should mix. Note: There is no penalty for incorrectly answering any of the questions.
- Orange: Mix yellow and red.
- Warm Silver: Mix white, blue, and a touch of orange.
- Turquoise: Mix green and blue.
When Petrovich goes to furnish the newly painted living room, he finds a table already there that Felicia’s mother had bought. You need to ask Felicia which one she prefers. If you suggest she go with Petrovich’s table, she’ll say that her boyfriend matched the colors of the room perfectly and even her mother will appreciate the ingenuity. However, it seems it’s impossible to please Felicia’s mother, who ends up criticizing Petrovich’s handiwork for 3 hours straight. He tells her that she’s going to have to get used to him sooner or later, especially since he plans to propose to her daughter soon, and Felicia’s mother leaves in a huff.
The final room that needs renovating is the basement which is flooded in soda. Daisy had told Petrovich there’s a drainage system built into their home, so ask her for the blueprints. In exchange, Daisy asks you for a Tea with Saffron, Galangal and Anise. After she emails Petrovich the blueprints, he’ll need to feel out the basement by hand to find the circuit breakers. Talk to Elsa and help her figure out the circuit breaker locations for Petrovich. Note: There is no penalty for incorrectly answering any of the questions.
- Two pump buttons: On the smiley face.
- Reset circuit breakers: Tell him to lower the coat hanger.
- The drain must be blocked: Move the rug.
With the pool of soda in the basement now drained, Petrovich and Elsa are putting the finishing touches on the basement. But the construction worker has some horrible news: the fountain that was in their basement has gone missing and Petrovich is convinced it was Felicia’s mother. He asks you to talk to your customers to see if they witnessed anything. Bill says he saw two trucks driving away from the house, one carrying the scent of soda and heading towards Koffsky’s house. Koffsky isn’t much help, but he says Margaret was walking by and may offer more insight. Margaret asks you for a “Arabian Night” Turkish Coffee and afterward tells you the truck was headed towards the dump. When you tell Petrovich where the missing fountain is, he says Felicia had planned a make-up dinner for her mother and Petrovich so they could start getting along, but now he’s going to give the woman a piece of his mind for stealing the fountain. The dinner turns into a shouting match and neither Felicia’s mother nor Petrovich notice when Felicia leaves, angry at them both for thinking they know what’s best for her.
Petrovich realizes he’s messed up big time and he’ll do anything to get Felicia back, even if it means making up with her mother. He asks you for an Aphrodite Tea with Nutmeg, Rose and Cinnamon, hoping Felicia’s mother will love it too since it’s her daughter’s favorite. Later when he comes back to the coffee shop, he tells you he ran into Felicia’s mother just as he was about to leave and go apologize to her. He gave her the statuette he made for her and it turns out she’s a huge fan of Petronia Sledge’s work! They make up after that, but he says the Aphrodite Tea saved them. He asks you to tell Felicia to come back home and she begrudgingly agrees. When Felicia gets home, there’s a trail of rose petals and candles leading down to the basement. There, Petrovich proposes to her with a little help from Felicia’s mother who hands him the proposal ring he nearly forgot. Felicia says yes and is over the moon! She gives you a Blue Gift for everything you’ve done to help.
- Requirements: Bahraini Coffee with Rose, Cardamom and Saffron for Petrovich, Lassi with Honey, Saffron and Cardamom for Petrovich, Tea with Saffron, Galangal and Anise for Daisy, “Arabian Night” Turkish Coffee for Margaret, Aphrodite Tea with Nutmeg, Rose and Cinnamon for Petrovich
- Reward: Blue Gift from Felicia